Open Beta in Magic: Legends is free-to-play and currently available for sign-up. The beta is a pre-release test due to launch worldwide on March 23rd, 2021. Beta testing is currently only available to the PC, but a PS4 and Xbox release is expected later on this year.
Magic Legends Beta
Open Beta Release Date & Official release date
The Beta released on March 23, 2021 for PC and the official release for console and PC s expected to launch later this year in 2021 with no official release date.
Where can I access Magic: Legends?
PC Open Beta is currently available on Arc Games and the Epic Games store.
Can I gain rewards for both Arc Games and Epic Games Store?
Unfortunately, there is no cross-save and the rewards will only apply to the client you signed up with, but players from both Arc and Epic Clients are free to play together.
Open Beta Platform
Do need to have prior Magic: The Gathering to enjoy Magic: Legends?
No experience is needed prior to playing this game, except old Magic: The Gathering players will enjoy recognizing some old settings, spells and characters, but this game is for everyone.
What is included in the Open Beta?
The Five Classes of Planeswalkers include:
Each with their own Primary, Secondary and Utility Abilities.
Will my progress carry over from Open Beta?
Open beta will carry through till the official launch and all player's progress will be carried over to the official game. The Open Beta period acts as an early access. There will be no wiped during or after the beta period.
Will Magic legends carry over on console?
There is currently no cross-save or cross-progression capabilities for Magic: Legends on PC to console. The game progress will continue if continuing through the release on PC, but players will need to start a new game on a console.
Can I change my Planeswalker class?
Despite the player's initial class selection, the other classes can be unlocked and changed at any point in the game from the loadout menu.
How many Difficulties are available?
For now, there are four difficulty levels, Normal, Hard, Expert and Master Diffculty. These affect the enemy health and damage abilities and can include Regional Enchantments.
Will the Beta be Multiplayer?
You can play with up to two other planeswalkers. 1v1 PVP duels will also be available during beta.
Open Beta Notes
- Become a planeswalker - Play as one of the initial five planeswalker classes. Switch anytime once they are unlocked and cast spells from the world of Magic the Gathering.
- Explore the Planes - There are three vast planes and five regions of the multiverse to explore
- Complete the missions - Interact with the local planeswalkers and complete missions and ordeals to reap the awards
- Challenge yourself - Use the loadout score to accordingly choose the appropriate difficulty for you and challenge yourself with region and world enchantments to reap even more valuable rewards
- Collect Artifacts and Equipment - Up to six artifact pieces and six armor Equipment can be equipped at a time each with their own stat bonuses and effects. Use this equipment and find the perfect combination to synergize with your spell decks
- Upgrade spells - Spell Pages are required to upgrade spells. Collect enough spell pages to make your spells stronger
- Fight with friends - Invite up to two other planeswalker players to join in on missions or practice dueling skills with the 1v1 PvP mode.
- Store decks - Save your decks and easily swap them out between missions and combat sequences
Choose from the five different planeswalker classes and unlock the rest while progressing. Customize the character and unlock Equipment to expand the cosmetic options and availabilities. New character creation is not required to switch classes. Once unlocked, players are able to switch classes at any time in the load-out menu. Each class will be able to be leveled up with Class Levels. Class levels will also level up the overall Planeswalker level.
Depending on the initial starting class, start off collecting cards for a deck of 12 cards corresponding to that class before collecting cards from other classes.
The Geomancer draws upon the power of the Earth to pummel enemies in close quarters with devastating stone and lava attacks. They are capable of absorbing blows that would otherwise incapacitate other Planeswalkers with their rock shield. Geomancers prefer to call upon creatures like goblins, kavu, and earth elementals
The Beastcaller is the embodiment of primal might and savagery. They can vanquish hordes of foes on the battlefield with crushing blows from a massive spirit axe while coordinating attacks with an Aether Fox companion and other summoned beasts.
The Mind Mage personifies cool intellect. As a Planeswalker that focuses on psychic powers, they can battle enemies from a safe distance, controlling projectiles with telekinetic powers, and lock down dangerous foes with spells that put them to sleep or turn them against their allies.
The Necromancer uses deathly rituals to devastate enemies and raise undead hordes for their own purposes. This class utilizes its unique connection with death to tear the life from the living and sap enemies’ strength with terrible curses.
The Sanctifier is equally adept at smiting foes with searing bolts of light as they are with mending the wounds of fallen comrades. This class can summon forth angels, paladins and those dedicated to order for protection in battle while laying waste to enemies with righteous light.
- Legendary Creatures
- Shattered Reliquaries
- Augmented Creatures
- Overworld Escalation and World Boss
- Planeswalkers - Equipment is collected to gain access to cosmetics. Once an armor Equipment piece is obtained, its cosmetic appearance will be available for customization.
- Creatures - Creatures will also have their own set of cosmetic customizations that can be unlocked by planeswalkers
- The overworld escalation bar can be filled to unlock a boss encounter that can be fought with up to 6 planeswalker players
- An escalation meter can be filled to unlock and potentially trigger a mythic encounter. Completing a mythic encounter will reap valuable rewards
- Story Missions and Ordeals can be completed in the different regions. Completing them at higher difficulty levels can reap more valuable rewards
- Milestone rewards include Spells, Equipment and Artifacts that can be obtained by leveling up and completing missions within a region.
- Mini quests that are found throughout the regions
- Planeswalkers can buy exclusive skins, costumes, and consumables with Zen in the Zen Store.
- Battlepass can also be bought from the zen store as well
- Booster Packs - consumables, spells, and the Dimir Assassin class chance.
- Empyrean Store - Booster Packs give Empyrean shards that can be used to purchase exclusive items.
2000 Zen Bundle
- This will include the Premium battle pass, cosmetic upgrades for characters, creature summons, the planeswalker classes, and upgrade materials all for 2000 Zen or approximately $10 USD.
- The broker is used to trade spell pages, consumables classes and more using in-game currency.
- Zen can be exchange for Aether and vice versa. These are accessed in the wallet.
As posted on the Magic Legends official release, here are the known issues they have so far.
- Some areas of the game are still being optimized for video game performance.
- In the meantime, Planeswalkers who experience performance issues can lower their graphics settings via the main menu for a better gameplay experience.
- Audio and Text
- Localization voice-over has not yet been implemented.
Graphics and Visual Effect
- Localization voice-over has not yet been implemented.
- Collision on some objects may not work properly.
- User Interface and Controls
- The Options menu is limited during Open Beta.
- Key binding remapping has not been fully implemented.
- PlayStationⓇ4 controllers are not currently supported.
- Controller swapping does not always work as intended.
- Some parts of the intro cinematic have not yet been finalized.
- The Inventory dialog does not close automatically after claiming a Spell Infusion.